Wednesday, September 12

better days ahead.

do bagels count as toast?
i hope so duders,
because i doubled-down on some round brown
circles of savory sourdough and cinnamon sugar.
my barbarian broiler makes oven bread taste even better.
peanutty hottness on one side,
dry sweet crawnchy bits on the other other ones.
uh-huh.
teleport:
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
Tea 'N' Toast,
times two.
(and a vegetarian glucosamine supplement for good measure)
you better believe i'm supportive of synovial fluid activaton.
i don't really know what that is, exactly,
but it says on the bottle that those jauns are important,
like eagle's egg nutrients for your knees an' that.
neighbors,
i'm not a young man,
but my joints are the rusty hinges of a forgotten age.
my bendy bits are easily twice as old as the rest of me.
y'know,
like, ice age glacial sediment an' sh!t.
prehistoric elbows and knees,
stone age ankles and wrists,
vertebrae from the early devonian age,
all placodermian plates of fossilized and fused fury.
just sayin', my ninjas,
the bright spot in my morning is that hard-hearted
heat-infused crusty couple of circles,
and the sweaty cuppa irish breakfast blend,
and from there?
yeah.
hobbling, wobbling, fumbling, floundering, and failing.
every step brings me closer to self-destruction.
i'm filling sandbags as fast as the water rises, if you feel me.
staving off the stumbling bungle of broken legs and bent backs,
with gratuitous dhalsim yoga flame stretching,
on my way to another day of running out the clock,
running on empty,
running towards nothing,
running away from home,
and running wild in the streets.
it's all really happening,
and it's powered by that delicious looking most-important
v.i.p. meal up above us;
never quiet, never soft..... 7x29+1

No comments: