Thursday, September 24

thor's thunderous hammer.

maybe my dorkiness is overwhelming me?
i mean,
i just wrapped up a book called
orcs: bad blood.
seriously.
it's the first book of the second series.
it's about orcs.
i know.
that's some 10th level +5 twenty-sided jackassery;
but what kicks it up to eleven,
is that as soon as i put that mutha-F*er to sleep,
i immediately reached over to the night stand and scoopled up a totally different book,
one that promises even more jacked-up assism;
it's called dwarves.
i swear to god, yo.
take a guess what it's about.
no, not little teapots,
the other other hard metal short and stout boilermakers.
axe-warriors, my ninjas, are pretty flippin' dope,
and that's word.
now,
in an effort to tone down the epic scale of nerdhood involved,
or maybe to turn it up a little,
i feel i should let ya'll know it's written by a real German guy.
and translated from the real German text.
those dudes know what's up when it comes to nordic insanity.
some type of genetic-memory black forest berserker sh!t.
jeez....
sometimes, i even want to bully myself for my lunch money.
of course,
my supreme fantasy fascination doesn't go unnoticed.
apparently,
the vanilla sky full of cultivated coincidences was paying attention;
i actually tatblasted a warhammer chaos symbol for hours today.
water finds it's own level, so they say.
'my other car is a space marine predator.'
if you were also into plastic miniature combat bitz,
that would be hilarious.
the big irony for me was that when the chaos heavy metal masterwork was all done,
my client changed OUT of his GWAR shirt afterwards,
to avoid getting his blood on it!
yeah.
i'm serious.

justification, rationalization, explanation;
i'm not exclusive in my word-nerd dragonlancing-
i do have a second tier of books getting eaten up by my head.
all non-fantasy, occasionally non-fiction;
novels, graphic novels, autobiographies, short stories, miscellaneous reference ....
y'know,
less dork, more work.
i read 'em on the ground floor of the fortress, just to stay grounded,
and leave the lofty tomes of higher learning
for the higher floors of the homestead, instead.
you gotta climb the steps if you're going to get busy in the dungeon.
oxymoronic? maybe.
regular moronic? probably.

when i've filled up on my Fall word-eating,
and i've satisfied the hungry hole in my head with pages and pages and pages,
i'll be ready to start in on some falafel.
barely more than a week away,
the real damage is set to be dispensed.
never mind women's urine,
i'll stick to chick peas.
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: