Thursday, December 26

18!

and now the big kids are BOTH adults.
holy sh!t.
maple star is eighteen.

it's too soon.
they were just my little bitty babies a minute ago.
now,
look at her-

does she ever hold still in a picture?
sometimes:

ha!
she's sensitive.
she's thoughtful.
she's considerate.
she's smart.
and she's absolutely lovely.
i can't actually say enough nice things about her,
so let me sum it all up simply-
she's great.
and i love her very, very much.
not just because she's my daughter, but because she's a good person.
i have a hundred percent respect for her and i really admire that she's
optimistic and independent and artistic and invested in her people.
...and now she's a real grown-up.
i can't believe it.
i still remember her big bobble head only walking backwards,
just like it was yesterday.
and here we are, she's in college,
she's driving around in a new car,
she's out pursuing her own interests.
-
she's better than me,
and that's what i always hoped would happen.
i am grateful for all my daughters.
with all my heart, every minute of every single day;
nqns.....

No comments: