Friday, December 27

PAPA

this is dope:

yeah!
if you can get it customized, you usually should.
it just makes a good thing even better.
one fork is a weird present.
but one custom fork is molto expert.
and i'm gonna eat the hell outta some stuff with this one, no doubt.
when my sisters and i were little,
my dad used to ask, aloud, to the household:
"what's daddy's favorite thing to do?"
and we'd respond, in unison, as we'd been trained to: "hit kids!"
and he'd say: "and then what's he do?"
and we'd say: "LAUGH!!"
then he'd ask one more question:
"...and then what?"
and we'd recite the rehearsed line: "hit 'em some MORE!"
i'm not writing that to condemn my childhood,
i'm writing it because i LOVE krampus.
hahahahhaa.
that's 100% his thing.
maybe my dad was part krampus, that's all i'm suggesting.
check it:
we out here whoopin' on them kids.
for the record-
i haven't given out any spankings in my life.
well,
not to any disobedient children, anyway.
a naughty adult, maybe-
but all the slaps i've ever handed out were consensual, anyway.
here's the one that gave me big feelings, though:
ugh.
papa.
that's me.
and my eyes are still wet about it.
you ever listen to that song landslide by fleetwood mac,
but when it was way better because smashing pumpkins covered it?
that's what my insides feel like when i look at this little ol' santaman.
how emo is that?
probably too much.
i just think about the happiest one,
the littlest one,
and about all the crazy chaos everywhere but in that little heart,
and how could papa make it better?
i don't have an answer.
i just keep humming along-
can i handle the seasons of my life?
nqns .....

No comments: