Tuesday, August 19

dry, but cold.


oh man!
we rode around on our bikes until it got dark.
and no,
i don't ride for the health benefits,
that much should be obvious from the photo.
i don't wear sport-specific clothing either.
i just do what i do, how i do it.
loud and hard and big, too, if it's an option.
even my small-talk skills only come in XL.
true story.

we had a day:
we had waffles.
we got our extended special forces for our playmobil battles.
we read books.
we went to the post office.
we got artisan sourdough bread (and cookies) at the old village bakery,
we made delicious dinner.
we had soy milkshakes.

 the girls have mastered two-wheeled upright maneuvers.
they are even  practicing tricks now.
the time i have been given,
the people i span it with,
all worthy of being told and retold.
the ways and means of just being;
dopeness,
hottness,
going-to-elevenness,
woodsly goodness,
bererker barbarian battle-beastliness,
i live this life.
hard.

because even the most meaningul, magical moments blur by and fade away.
the lasting value lies in thought, and memory.
words to the wise, from the wise.


one last thing, ya'll.....
i am especially thankful for those persons i get to interact with, and overlap moments of living,
they keep the warrior-poetry alive and well.
without the people who remember, without that spark of thoughtfulness,
the wrench-cranked limits of eleven level loud large/larger than life folk heroic woodsly goodness are just a ghost circle... 
i appreciate being considered. 
for those about to [albie] rock,
we salute you: 
never quiet, never soft...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got some hot new kicks son,

dems poppin.

with luck, and the travel of time, i (the lady as well) ( form of I)
will be there, spanning time with you

this weekend eh? i called you ninja, and ill cal lyou again tomorrow

Unknown said...

Respect.

jenny bang bang undone said...

I ride my bike to work. I'm not going to lie. It's mostly for the health benefit, but I do like the wind through my hair.

I don't wear sport specific clothes either but that's cause we have a dress code now... so I ride my bike in the most unlikely of outfits.

H. E. Smalley said...

I have a question and you may have an answer or some guidance....

I'm thinking about purchasing a mountain bike. The possibility of tearing myself up on one of those sounds promising.

Any recommendations on what kind and where?