Wednesday, March 4

fuh-reeeez-ing.


bein' ugly, bein' dope.
more magical moth flavored folksiness.
surprise!
lightning and acorns, too.
yep.
i like that stuff.
that's the thoughts and the memory of woodsly goodness, in essence.

holy crap it's cold out this morning.
negative degrees, an' that.
most likely, it's the pre-game warm-up and cool-down,
for the big action in minneapolis!!!!!
my first full day?
wotan's day, the 11th,
word the f* up.
and not to summon the sh!tstorm jinx for the projected unprotected hijinx,
but last time,
i had NO voice.......(and that is SO hard for me, kids)
and this time,
my larynx has a phalanx of taut-bowstring vocal chords on guard,
ready to resonate,
and remonstrate all forms of quiet and soft.
the volume, my ninjas,
of art,
of culinary conquests,
of big barbarian fun,
and of decibels,
will most definitely be in the mutha-uckin' red.
you know the routine:
we go all the way to eleven...
and i'll be there for fortune-tempting,
fate-flaunting,
bad-lucking friday the thirteenth!
if you haven't made the decision to come out to the midwest for the week,
i feel bad for you, son.
ya'll are missin' out on minnesotan misanthropy.

moving on,
i'm about to get out and about in the proud pride of in-like-a-lion,
out-like-a-lionel-ritchie march madness;
i have to re-register my car today.
live free or die, they say.
and i don't get it it,
because i obviously choose live free,
but they still stick me for my papers,
every single chance they get.
at least the vanity plates will get rocked to the fullest.


new garbage, new arthur.
the beginnings of another 'nother one.....
more of this, to be sure.

oh,
and just to keep you updated:
a vat of hummus in my head!
that's the best description for the marinated mucous melt
all up in behind my eyes, ears, nose, and throat.
sinus pressure, yo.
i can hear it percolating,
like a bialetetti stovetop model,
makin' that continental syrupy doo-doo sap...
...in my face.
-this heinous update of my headcold
brought to you by misery loving company;
never quiet, never soft....

No comments: