Sunday, March 9

plans.

off the cuff,
doing it live,
with marky-markers and time to kill,
and sometimes i think killing would be easier.
huh?
i mean,
c'mon,
there's only ever more of all of this, y'know?
and it doesn't get easier,
or better,
or improved much,
for all the time spent doing it.
hmmmm?
oh.
i'm talking about tattbombing, kids.
take it easy.
working in the woods means taking many things less seriously,
and paying for the privilege.
neighbors,
just check the yesterday's-news-type teleport:
ouch.
making it up as i go?
yeah.
i'm like that.
is it any good?
well,
there's sure a LOT of it, at least.
jeez.
like i just said,
there's only ever more.
this is just the beginning,
but it feels like it's ending me,
one day at a time;
never quiet, never soft.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It had to be maybe 2002...or 2003...or 2004.my first 2 years of tattooing. I saw your work in a magazine. I read an article about you and your tattoo style. And I was dazzled by what you wrote but more dazzled by your style. I was new to tattooing but "not allowed, ever" by the shop owner aka my mentor to do anything other than bold black lines and heavy black shading... (which is good for someone learning, I guess at that time) However, your tattoo work was the first I ever saw with this colorful. .punchy... creative sort of character and style all in its own unique shape and form that crossed boundaries I never thought you could do. It struck such a chord ..I was absolutely charmed ...and the possibilites exploded and my mind reeled.. ..I say this bc as I read the above. ..and, only knowing you through these words if that is even "knowing" .. i just felt a sense of familiarity in those words... and wanted to share that your artwork heavily impacted me and propelled me into a new way of thinking artistically.... your article itself I remember parts of it to this day and have adopted some of that into my mindset when people have looked or made comments on my artwork...because what I read was authentic.. That may come off as strange to someone like yourself however I compare it to singing lyrics to a classic song you remember bc it gets you thru a bad time or makes you smile vs. sh*tty pop music nobody cares about enough to remember the lyrics.
Your work and words were like that for me and I wanted to say thank you...
*THANK YOU* ...for what its worth. I apologize for the long comment, as this is your blog, not mine. Cheers to you and well wishes..*ina