Tuesday, September 14

more bears.

i was wondering how i'd wake up in time
for an early-shirley dentist's appointment this morning.
turns out, ma nature had me covered.
with a double black butt bear blitz!
looking outside of my overcast, early a.m.,
second story bedroom window,
a pair of baby bears scooted their hairy heinies
right past our point of view,
up a great big oak tree.
duders,
that's not what i expect to see when i look out of my windows.
and definitely not all upside the trunk of a mighty rough-barked pillar
of towering, tremoring, bough-breaking arborism.
arboreal bears, b!tches.
i mean it,
they were forty or fifty feet up,
snapping off acorns,
and shimmy-shimmy-ya-ya-ing their way
into my wifey's heart,
my dog's red-eyed angst,
and my dental outlook.
that's the woodsly goodness' alarm clock, kids.
their big fat mama was there, too,
but without the high-wire acrobatics.
she stayed downstairs at the compost pile buffet...
the three bears, my ninjas.
but no papa.
hard styles for us,
but no more than standard operating procedure
for our friendly neighborhood furred-up forest foragers.
and i didn't shoot any of 'em, either.
i mean it, y'all.
there are a couple moms i would put on blast,
even if they had their seedlings present,
but black betty and her burly bamalamas
are safe from us for now and always.
i'm just sayin',
nature was here first.
***********
yeah.
and speaking on dentistry;
i got some corrections done this mornin'.
now i've got a swollen, sullen set of lips,
and a lopsided jawline.
hurtie?
sure.
but very necessary.
i just can't hang out with up-here teeth.
that kind of thing isn't cool.
i've already got enough of a busted grill piece
in the eyes-nose-cheeks region
that having rickety pickets on the fences of my mouth
would take me to the limits of vomitous visagery.
y'heard me?
that's no good.
instead,
i've got a hollowed-out shell of a well,
enameled and ultra-violet inoculated,
on the top, AND the bottom, of my wisdom spots.
dental outlook?
positive.
that IS wise.
keeping my molars in shape for all that hot fire spit.
...for your face,
from right out of mine;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: