Tuesday, March 15

showers.

dang.
my camera ate the photos of the art show.
maybe they're on someone else's computer?
i dunno.
i just can't find 'em,
so y'all'll have to believe me when i swear it was
super expert turbo-hottness.
because it so was.
the good news,
if you can call a reliable let-down good news,
is that the woodsly goodness largely ignored my absence,
and pretty much disdains my continued presence anyway.
i'm still here,
or i'm back again,
or wherever, whenever.
the mountains and the trees are timeless,
and generally ignorant of my place amongst them.
so,
has that left me with feelings formerly flushed
with the heady glow of victory,
and currently washed-out, washed up,
and feeling small?
yeah.
a little tiny baby bitty bit.
(unintentional pun appreciated, though)
...i mean,
i just had a hit art show,
a week of worthy warrior poetry and active participation,
and an overwhelming spirit of gratitude and generosity...
but as far as up here is concerned,
i'm still just some bearded weirdie
with a great big mouth full of great big teeth.
everything and nothing, my ninjas.
that's what happens in the northerly nooks and notches,
with or without,
for or against,
by and large.
true story.
it's all really happening,
and if it happened somewhere else,
than maybe it didn't...
or did it?
yep.
it's never easy,
and that's not all-
this day is done,
and my weekend is only one day long,
starting (and ending) tomorrow,
with a weathery wetness and wintry mix.
word up, neighbors.
that's how it goes. when it rains, it snows.
at least i get to enjoy some hours with my
most excellent and talented and absurdly attractive wifely hottness.
EXPERT.
that's that silver lining type sh!t, duders.
early to bed, early to rise,
and a whole heaping helping of hump-day hanging out.
i doo-doo that freaky business.
*
i'm having those super amazing joe-joe cookies,
the actual chocolate smearface blarpity ones,
and peanu(s) butter jauns, too,
in honor and remembrance of my absent homies.
i'm filling the hole in my heart,
with whole cookies in my belly.
this is real life;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: