Saturday, July 26

satyrs, saturn, seders, saturday.


i got my beard buffed up by our good friend elsah.
so now, i look exactly like a bum who JUST went to the ymca for a shower and a shave,
instead of a bum who JUST went on an antifreeze and wild turkey bender.....
over dinner, in a dimly lit italian eatery,
an observation was unsolicitously volunteered that my whiskers needed some severe pruning...
she claimed i would cool off by 10 degrees, but i plan to raise it to eleven;
the motion was seconded, and before i even began digesting my pasta fagioli,
i was gettin' sheared.
we've really only just streamlined the spigot spewing the hot hard heat.
lavaspit doesn't drop in temperature,
and my facepiece can't really get any less hot, if you feel me.....

i should mention, again,
that i have plenty of time available to tattoo ya'll in boston, at the convention.
and so does jess.
of course, if you had to choose,
you really should get tattooed by jess, because she's way more talented than i am.
reserve your spot now, though,
they won't last long....

it's all really happening, ya'll.
your life, i mean.
make those moves.
make the magic happen.
make the minutes matter more.
you already know how i'm doo-dooin' it:
an epic poem,
a singable saga,
a hard-hearted heroic boast,
a true-life real time autobiographical chronicle,
a technicolor-commentary historical account,
that's what i'm looking to accomplish every day,
by bedtime, i hope to have done something to make myself feel victorious just for being here,
the well-earned respite from warding off weak-sauce, 
and the worthwhile reward of a sleepytime ceasefire in my well-waged war on livin',
homeric history style,
fight for your life all day,
and reflect on the big action a bit before beginning again tomorrow;
funeral pyre fire, and savage gypsy sendoffs for each and every worthy day.
the calender is a death toll,
adding up losses and victories at the exact same rate,
large, in charge, & sailing to dreamland on a barbarian battle barge;
that's how i'm tryin' to live my folk life.
believe me,
i am grateful for the time i have been given,
i am a ghost circle,
a smoke ring,
thought and memory,
a berserker barbarian battle-beast,

never quiet, never soft........

2 comments:

jimmieknuckles said...

fresh and clean my duder, gots to keep the ladyfriend happy. and dems facial proturbances comfortable and free

word good living my man
looks like youve been experiencing it

there will be more life for me, the end of the month,

when i hit the mountains i suppose

Unknown said...

I RESERVE YOU GUYS FIRST! HUZZAH!