Thursday, July 24

thunder days...


thursday is my favorite day, kids.
it always has been, too.
(thanks again to steve rovetti for providing pics of the spit hot firing squad.)
word .  

olde english,
the language, not the lettering style,
is some serious business.
you better be passingly familiar with dutch, german, latin, french, gaelic, and scandinavian,
or else you just can't really read a whole sentence.....
my man sir gawain was written in that olde flavor.
every facing page in the edition i just read was olde, and the opposite was the same text in the new....
translation comparisons, ya'll.
i always try and read at least two versions, to see who spits hotter fire, y'know?.
appropriating ideas and putting your own flavor on them,
that's how battle bards and warrior poets get busy...

i keep my sky vanilla-infused,
so that happy coincidences can continuously collect,
like this:

c'mon.
so now that i got mr. merwin under my eyeballs,
j.r.r. tolkeins 'gawain' is up next.
i'm readin' up on what came before the orcs.
let's just see how the oxford linguist represented before hobbits made him a nerd superstar.


oh yeah, 
i also have some series one dolls on sale.
cheap(er).
as usual;
i have a slate of new ones waiting be born,
so i need some more room in my art room,
email me if you're looking to get the world's freshest holiday presents for your loved ones.
i got you covered.
don't wait on this one, ninja,
battlebeasteleven@gmail.com

never quiet, never soft.......

1 comment:

jimmieknuckles said...

please tell me youre wearing ear plugs my duder