Wednesday, November 11

ELEVEN ELEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah!
so all these military dudes are totally usurping my thunder today.
don't get me wrong, ya'll;
blowin' other people up is pretty rad sometimes.
it's just the G-darn parades i hate.
c'mon, kids...
it's a dressed-up bunch of A-holes
just walking.
and F*ing up the flow of traffic.
still and all,
a double dose of eleven in one day?
and the post office is closed?
yeah.
if i hadn't been raking and burning leaves all day,
i might've even enjoyed myself a little tiny bit.
as it is,
i've only managed to blister my fingers
(from the workin', not the burnin')
and set a soreness on my person that's sure to hurt even worse tomorrow.
manly outdoor work, my ninjas.
so lame.
even a solid spate of sputtering on my bugle didn't do it for me.
practice may never make perfect with that thing,
but it will make my neighbors furious.
and that's pretty good, too.

i've got a long list of sh!t to do.
i've got a longer list of sh!t to draw.
(relax, none of it is job-related)
i've even got half a mind to get started on some of it.
i won't, of course.
but still, i'm at least considering it.
responsible old manhood won out today.
it's time for kickin' back with a sarsaparilla,
letting the coals spark up a new batch of burning barbarism,
and maybe even sketch up some dinosaurs.
today had two elevens,
despite never even making it past a solid seven and a half.
tonight had better bring some monumental thunder,
and not just in the form of exhausted snores an' that;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: