Wednesday, March 6

surprises.

my main man dan dealy does it.
every time.
what did he do this time?
he brought his buddy maria.
(who is now my buddy too, by the way)
and slipped up north for a blitz of good time hang-out activation.
my duders are the dopest ones.
twice the hours in a car,
headed north to the center of the coldest hottness ever,
just for an opposite amount of hours with me?
that's what's up.
so,
who is the luckiest one?
yeah.
it's me.
that's real.
so what happens when my guests wake up hungry (or not)
in the Folk Life & Liberty Fortress?
you know what time it is, neighbors.
like it or not,
ready or not,
the viking spirit of generosity overcomes me every time, y'all.
i want to provide the nicey-nice for my guests.
it's sort of a rule.
and rules is rules,
so i get up at the dawn's earliest,
and i get a big ol' bowl to fill the F* up with a batch of burly breakfast batter;
i always get psyched to preheat the heck out of the griddle
and watch the butterishness melt all over the flippin' place before i drop 'em like it's hot
and get it going on with a whole bunch of extra-special unnecessary ingredients
 added in upgraded increments, just to freak it off,
until i've got a breakfast for worthy warrior poets and active participants.
check the wholesome whole-grain epic breakfast teleport:
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
panniecakes, ninja.
i doo-doo that.
raspberry blops on top, too.
you know it-
because fruit has got those nurturing nutrients.
...and that's real.
*
reciprocity, y'all.
it's my favorite.
give and take.
back and forth.
ebb and flow.
wax and wane.
i need it.
that interconnected network of individual experts,
freeformed, fully-functional, and fresh-to-death.
i need my peoples to offer it freely, y'know?
the attention, affection, appreciation, and activation.
if you've got to wheedle and whinge,
fish and finagle,
well,
it doesn't really count, then, does it?
it's all really happening.
that's the way it is;
never quiet, never soft..... 

No comments: