Friday, February 27

connected.


if i were a baked treat,
i'd be coughie cake.
i've got that connecticut 'itis, kids,
and i'm feelin' it.
that burnt headed hands-have-teeth cherub?
that's about all i have to show for goin' to work yesterday....
before i crawled home and sloshed through an evening of soup,
tea,
and other warm fluids.
someone spiked the juice with weak-sauce,
or used powdered doo-doo butter in the kool-aid,
because i am takin' battle damage to the throat hole,
and my voicebox isn't co-operating with my mouthpiece.
...lame.

i worked on some arthur last night,
a background setting for the ghost worm:

despite the super marioesque color scheme,
i still like it.....
it's kind of like a seance, right?
and those hands are summoning up a spirit from the tea leaves....
gypsy sh!t, if you get me...
babushka head wraps and wagon wheels,
minor keys on harmonica,
accordion and fiddle-type sh!t.

i don't know if it means that makey-time's days are a-changing,
but i have been utilizing one guilty indulgence:
prismacolor alcohol markers.
they're not exactly cheap,
for markers,
and i don't exactly like the color ones, either,
but,
i'll tell ya,
the greyscale markers are my favorites.
especially because it seems they were born to rock it out
on cardboard macaroni boxes.
as long as everything else is still trash,
ya'll will let me slide on havin' the marky markers, right?
c'mon.

my main man,
gay dan,
(that's definitively gay,
as in,
jocund, lively, and convivial)
is headed up here, today.
escaping from the sh!tty city, by way of durham, ct.,
to watch me hack and wince, maybe.....
and to enjoy the woodsly goodness alongside a comrade-in-arms.
battle-beasts should stick together,
after all.
oh, and by the way,
shawn,
my special friend in minnesota,
called twice yesterday,
with supportive mockery and encouragement.
i can't tell you how important it is to know i've got duders who care.
did i mention that his boss,
todd
,
is my other new favorite?
heck yes.
i may be a hermit,
but thankfully,
i'm somehow still not alone.
active participation, my ninjas,
from really real life-livers,
is what's motivating me these days.
fueling the hot fire furnace, an' that.
or more accurately, the boiler;
i'm so full of wetness that i'm definitely buildin' pressure in my cooker.
like a sauna of savage stormswept steaminess;
never quiet, never soft...

No comments: