Thursday, February 19

snowstorms and snow forts.

yeah,
i'm broken in a few places tonight.
not my heart, or anything.
jeez,
the emotional babypants confessional circus isn't in town, ya'll.
i'm talkin' about my neck, my back, my hands, and my crack....
shoveling heavy snow?
chuggin' it deep.
driving in a sh!tstorm?
so deep.
workin' during an arctic explosion?
so deep it comes out the other side!!

this mornin',
my daughters and i finally connected the last four feet of tunnels
in our snow fortress.
that involves a lot of kickin',
some hip crushing layin' down on the ice,
soakin' your clothes in frosty moisture,
and combating intense claustrophobia.
all that sweaty toil and trouble,
after we shoveled the driveway...
oh suckiest of plowguys,
the hate i wish upon you is a mighty curse, indeed.
tomorrow,
we carve out a great hall in the center of the snowbank.
the dragon's lair, if you feel me....

this kind of day puts dudes to sleep early.
word.
never quiet, never soft...

No comments: