Wednesday, July 21

henges.

stone mutha-b!tchin' circles, y'all.
all shapes, all sizes,
and with a series of site-specific specimens
especially selected to inspire and impress.
you know,
to take it way past ten on the scale,
to eleven, as it is my wont to do so often...
i must've moved a literal ton of stone yesterday.
at least.
i took two trips out and away to eaton, nh, and back again.
up a burly hillside, all dirt roads of clearcut brush and brambles,
in straight-up rural 4x4 redneck fashion.
except,
instead of heading up there to rip down a 30-box of brewskis,
i was in the get-busy business of robbing some epic rocks.
that's how i doo-doo that hard-style landscapery-type sh!t, ninjas.
i range far afield, to fields of boundless boulders,
plethorae of plinths, (pluralized, 'lickers)
piles of pylons,
and unlimited lithospheric protuberances.
that's a lot of rocks, neighbors.
and a great way to enjoy a day off:
deep in the woods.
on top of a mountain.
in northern new hampshire.
it's good here, kids.
i'm sayin'.
-
my buddy jim rode shotgun beside me on roundtrip #2,
and saved me from squashing myself underneath a
too-big/too unwieldy slab of igneous ignorance.
i'd overestimated my flagging reserves of manliness.
presuming the berserker fury would last the duration,
and see me through any and all attempts,
on the part of gravity,
to drag me down in defeat.
i neglected one invariable fact about big-A* mineral masses:
those jauns are so heavy.
still,
me and my duder brought home the prized quarry.
from the quarry as it were.
hmm?
yep.
good guess-
i AM a super-sore-spindled, worn-out mess today.
shocking, indeed,
that my meager muscles would've been taxed
to the limits of good sense and physical endurance,
all so that my garden can be at it's most excellent.
we've got the cromlech hottness accounted for, now.
curb appeal, my worthy watchers and readers.
that's what's up.
and when the final stages of this multi-tiered
theatre of loud, fresh, hardness are all laid plain and fertile,
i'll be the one over here at the fire pit,
burning sh!t like a victorious conqueror of lawns and front yards alike;
all mother nature's favorite son, an' that.
you like it.
-
despite the aches, and pains,
for which my body is crying out for me to coddle,
today is a tilling and shoveling day.
fighting back against the weak sauce.
that's a rule up here.
every day in every way.
i can't promise there won't be a rock hunt in there, too.
there will definitely be some shoveling, regardless.
dirt is good.
plants really get busy with it.
and the third phase of the fortress groundskeeping is in full effect.
its almost garden party time.
if you aren't ready,
you'd better get so;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: