Tuesday, October 26

foggy bottoms.

pie filling.
that's what's happening.
as in:
guess what's coming out of the large hole inside my skull?
uh-huh.
the aftermath of a connecticut-induced illness
is apparently a brutal nose-hole gulag of hard, hard pounding.
in my head.
a whole rainbow of horrors is lurking in my nodes and membranes-
i've got a sinus cavity that's packed to the limits
with a whole bakery's worth of premade pie filling.
sometimes it's lemon custard.
sometimes it's key lime.
and sometimes,
when the pressure is so intense i think my eyes may shoot out
across the room,
and my hair must be standing on end,
there's even pumpkin pie filling.
it's every bit as disturbing as y'all'd imagine.
i can blow all day,
and it still keeps comin' out too.
(that's what she said)
it's a real joy-destroyer, duders,
this gummy doo-doo butter in my head.
***********
meanwhile,
as my head is swelling with sauce...
we've got company.
our buddy jenny from pennsylvania is up.
because enjoying the spacious hottness
of the Folk Life & Liberty Fortress
in the autumny splendor of the woodsly goodness,
is exactly what everyone needs.
that's a real thing.
in fact,
it makes me wonder where the rest of y'all are hiding.
i'm just sayin'.
i wish the adventures were roiling,
and the accomplishments boiling over,
but all i've got is blops and glops of
citrus-shaded slick slime.
my head is a petri dish;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: