Sunday, April 1

rabbit, rabbit.

good F*ing luck, my ninjas.
that's what i'm sighting in my scope
and aiming downrange for.
you bet your sweet bippies that i said it,
and i meant it.
the first thing off the tip of my hot and fiery tongue
was an echoed utterance of that magic hat-pulliong
easter-type long-eared hippity-hopper.
yuuuuuuuuuuup.
RABBIT. RABBIT.
it's another 'nother new month already.
somehow,
scouring the sandy shores of the extremes of
the western united states
spanned a whole half a month of move-making,
and now it's the season for showers already.
time flies,
and so did i, neighbors-
all the way from over there and back again,
and i find myself home alone in the
Folk Life & Liberty Fortress,
back in the granite-clad embrace of the woodsly goodness.
uh-huh.
*
my dog has already forgotten about me.
i rated about eleven minutes of welcome,
and she's back to sleeping away the remains of the day.
nice.
***********
my face looks like i shoved it into a sandblaster,
and some of the buffing agent remained embedded in my skin.
i'm a flaky pastry crust of exfoliation, y'all.
it itches like i'm undergoing a midlife molting crisis.
here i was,
worried about flesh-disintegrating centipede bites,
and instead it was that golden globe of life-giving
light and warmth that mangled my already-tenuous grip
on looking not that disgusting.
awwwwwwwwwwwwww, man.
sun poisoning.
even the elements have it in for me.
at least that happened before i said rabbit a couple times.
so there's still hope.
maybe.
back where i live,
and wondering where i belong.
it's all really happening;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: