Monday, April 22

feeding times.

duders,
it's one holy helluva long trip across new england to journey back and forth
between the woodsly goodness and the weak-sauce below and beneath us.
real talk.
who hits traffic on a sunday night?
i doo-doo that road-weary warrior poetic pilgrimage-type sh!t.
damn.
here's the thing, neighbors-
i saw my peoples,
i left some behind,
and i moved on.
it's never easy, but i think i consistently meet or exceed expectations,
at least when it comes to completing what's required of me
by the brutal bludgeoning burdens of responsible adulthood.
but,
that may also mean i'm no flippin' fun anymore.
i can't ever tell where those lines are drawn,
let alone if i'm crossing over invisible borderlands into lameness.
so mostly,
i do what i do best- drive, talk sh!t, and eat food until the minute i leave.
real talk.
it was full-blown full blooming cherry blossom season down there.
every half-an-A*-hole in new haven was taking pictures of trees.
seriously,
today may be erf day.
but yesterday was preemptive arbor activation for sure.
the streets were clogged with amateur photographers and professional morons.
that made my lunchtime mission a bit harder,
but when you're from somewhere, no matter how long you're away,
the ins and outs and in-betweens remain a part of your memory.
good news for me when there's a long line out the door and around the block
for a slice or two of world famous sauce and bread-type stuff.
huh?
oh.
check it out-
pepe's pizzeria has got a secret side location called the spot.
and no jokes my ninjas,
it hits the hot spot inside my guts.
it's next door to the big building,
and nobody knows it's the exact same thing.
(well, i know it, and now you do too)
pee-eye-zee-zee-aaaaay.
teleport:
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
me and my girls and my ma got expert on a couple of tomato pies, y'all.
family togetherness and delicious little italy jauns for my face.
yeah.
***********
i delivered my daughters back to where they get their mail.
awwwwwwwwwww.
that sort of full-trip guil-trip breaks what's left of my heart, friends.
uh-huh.
i get sad.
real talk.
so, in order to temper the dark blue doldrums with some bright sidedness,
we rainbow activated some emergency tofutti first!!!
F*ing right, b!tches.
a sprankled sugar rush of coffee/oreo double scoopled crunch?
believe it.
it made the hard styles softer,
and the sharp ache of a see-you-later just a little duller.
*
...after stuffing my face full of fresh treats,
i hit the road again, again.
yessir.
driving north in the nighttimes definitely happened.
roundtrip road trip,
top to bottom back to top,
in one ferocious day of pavement pummeling pain.
that's life, ninjas.
it was great to see my folks,
and to say a proper goodbye to my big baby girls.
leave 'em wanting more, y'heard?
the height of good manners is knowing when to leave.
*
erf day.
the Folk Life & Liberty Fortress.
right now.
it's happening.
it was great to wake up late (7 a.m.) in my own sovereign realm.
there's something especially sacred about home and hearth, y'know?
today is the day, kids.
i'm alone,
but i'm where i belong;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: