Saturday, April 25

sleep?

it's 5:33 a.m.
ummm, yeah.
i really DO like sleeping in.
i like sleeping.
about a half an hour ago,
a little woodpecker decided to announce his presence.
his big debut in woodland society, even.
he's pecking the metal chimney.
it sounds like small arms,
not like a t-rex,
more like machine guns are getting fired off.
inside my house.
an ironic firefight, in my fireplace.
it's okay.
i was already awake.
for hours and hours at that.
it's nice to know that my woody pecker-headed little buddy out there
is hammering happily away,
despite the absence of delicious grubs in my flue.
talk about choosing the wrench.
speaking of;
i get to do some tattie o'zaps today.
which should be great!
right?
sure.
but not before i drive all over the county.
and back again.
we're lookin' at some other 'nother other rental opportunities today.
they aren't close by.
they aren't cheap.
and they aren't long term.
i'll just be over here,
all morning,
and probably all night,
banging my head against any and all obstacles.
announcing my presence,
like a hammerheaded barbarian at the gates,
all over this place.
learning from nature,
and embracing my own infinite nature.
machine gun headbangin' is today's special.
and believe me,
today sure is....

choosing the wrench.
one decision at a time,
every single time;
never quiet, never soft....

No comments: