Tuesday, February 26

indoors.

so,
i'm home all alone.
the cucch left early shirley in the monday morning-times,
and harvest and maple took the long drive down to the heart of the beast
with me and my buddy amanda yesterday afternoon.
hell,
even olive the dog has gone off on a visit to her sleepaway house
with her long-lost dog-mom for a few days.
it's very still in this vast and vacant place.
the Folk Life & Liberty Fortress has rarely been so calm.
not that i'm being overly careful about making noise.
i mean,
i've had ovens and dryers and mixers and faucets and stoves
all turning and burning and boiling and baking all mutha-'ucking day long.
it's how i make sense of my days off.
me and my mind and a spatula or three,
scraping and stirring and scooping up all sorts of sh!t to activate into
new and different delicacies.....
but that's not all, neighbors.
not by a long shot.
before we visit any kind of food photos for your faces,
i need to tell y'all about my good-lucky-charming copilot on my trip to
the weak-sauce and westford roadways of asscrackachussetts.
amanda knows how to hang out, my ninjas.
and with her help navigating the ley lines of full-mooning werewolfen fury
and focusing in on favorable conditions, we scored big time.
uh-huh.
check the teleport:
yuuuuuuuuuuuup.
white people furniture, yo.
a hardwood hutch from the futuristic fifties, in retro throwback fashion,
from crate & barrel.
it was supposed to originally be sold for the ludicrous sum of $649,
but that's just the price that A*-holes pay.
we stole it away, (and just barely squeezed it into my car)
for the low low low price of just $59.
expert?
yeah.
you know it.
we call that getting it in where i'm from, guys-
and the 'nothing room' annex just got elevated to that eleven-type jauns.
and without my positivity-lodestone,
who knows what sort of sh!t-salad i would've otherwise experienced?
lucky me, kids.
***********
there are a few benefits to being alone, it seems.
i'd overlooked them in my gloomy and doomed perspective
on being all by myself all the time.
like what?
well,
like running around all day without worrying if some four-legged lead-weight
needs to pee or lap up some water out of a floor-level bowl.
it's really nice being unencumbered by the caretaking traits
that i've accepted as staus quo for so flippin' long.
i like it.
a lot.
maybe that's why these self-contained terrarium jar-gardens are so appealing?
ummm,
another 'nother one for my fresh-A* house?
you betcha:
orchids are rad, and that's the truth!
sheet moss is embossed across the surface of this new hottness.
it's really kind of what's up, y'heard?
yep.
i'm the only one home,
and i'm learning about myself tonight, friends.
sure,
i had pizza with teddy and austin,
but that was hours ago.
i've been filling cupcakes and frosting blondies for ages since then.
real talk.
i do what i do.
and i do a lot of it,
and often...
in fact,
i'm almost never not doing all of it.
it's all really happening,
with or without anyone else's influence.
my way all day?
yes.
spoiled rotten, sweet-toothed, and red fanged-
there's moonbeams and sugar-rushes in my evening plans;
never quiet, never soft.....53

No comments: