Thursday, December 24

fat bellies, bad drivers, cold weather.

yeah!
we're here.
and that's pretty rad.
seriously.
we've already seen a holy heck of a lot of folks.
aaaand,
ate an even greater amount of pizza.
my uncle eddie showed up.
duders,
that was an epic XI-mas present, for sure.
jess' brother rob and his baby mama sharon came,
holly got there early,
and hung out with me and my father.
my kids came along as well and munched up a little bit.
belated berfday style funtimes, y'know.
actually,
we all got pretty busy gnashing and gnoshing down on some uber-guido paesan pies.
hell,
i tuned up a whole pizza by myself,
like an enormous fat shark-gluttonous boar-beast.
that's the best way to stock up on savage stormswept sauce quantities.
i needed it, ya'll.

and now it's the big eve.
the day before the even bigger day.
we're in old lyme,
enjoying the extra-white shoreline holiday atmosphere.
tom and betty as usual are displaying terrific hospitality.
i slept for ten hours.
so i'm on point with my mission-specific goals.
closer and closer.
every minute spent thus far has been one to be grateful for.
i've got the spirit.
no joke, my ninjas,
i'm full of cheer.
i've seen a ton of family,
i've eaten a ton and a half of food.
i even had some caffeinated coffee.
(sorry, connecticut, but it is ON like donkey kong)
i'm ready for whatever's next,
and i'm representing my woodsly Folk Life goodness
as i combat my aggressive urban urges.
that Pepe's tomato sauce is doing wonders against the ct. weak sauce.
so far,
the holiday spirits are winning,
but it's never a sure thing when barbarian battle-beasts are involved.
just like every day,
only maybe even moreso,
today is the day.
and tonight's the night;
never silent, never holy;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: