Sunday, February 17

L.A.M.B.🍞

🍞
hahaha.
neighbors,
i bake a LOT of bread.
MORE than i could reasonably be expected to eat, even.
i love bread.
i specifically love sourdough bread.
i even MORE specifically love white mountain sourdough fresh-baked in
the Folk Life & Liberty Fortress test kitchen laboratory.
yeah.
good bread makes better people.
that's no joke.
and i make enough bread to improve myself ever so slightly,
even if all i'm doing is gifting loaves of naturally fermented freshness to my friends.
uh-huh.
here's my latest occasional progress update.
you ready?
ok.
here we go.
look at my bread:

oatmeal.

oatmeal.

oatmeal.

oatmeal.

oatmeal.

oatmeal.

oatmeal.
guess what my favorite kind of sourdough is?
ha.
too much is the right amount.
that's my premier flagship bread, it seems, but that'snot all.y'all.
not at all. check it:

sandwich loaves are tight.

sandwich loaves are lovely.
and good bread makes better sandwiches.
that's a fact.
and it isn't just loaves, dudes.
i F* with a heck of a boule, too:

round bread!

rounder bread!!

roundest bread!!!
good crusts, wheat bran, oat bran, dark rye flour, spelt flour, bread flour,
i use all the things.
lately, i've been autolyzing my flour, with water, prior to adding salt and starter.
my friend travis told me about it.
he's a meticulous breadbaker himself.
i take his advice and eliminate most of the math from it,
then just do things exclusively by instinct.
i'm eating the toasted and buttered positive results.
wanna see a bunch more?
alright:

there

is

no

such

thing

as

too

much

bread.
so,
thanks for lookin' at what i baked;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: