Tuesday, January 22

HOT AND SOUR!

i blasted my brain off with tom yum soup again.
my client suggested i overspice the germs in my body, to cure what ails me.
it didn't work.
and, i couldn't taste it, either.
so, mostly i just had stinging lips and a runny nose.
ha!
i had all the curative goodness in there too-
exxxtra ginger, exxxxtra garlic, all the chilis,
but all i could do was sniffle and wonder if it was delicious.
awwwwww.
here's a look, tell me what you think about it:

pretty, right?
i don't wanna eat ugly food, dudes, even if i'm even uglier than usual.
that's no joke.
i added all the sprankles and greenery,
just to make it look like it was superfancy medicine for my mouth.
there's half a jalapeno in there, and half on top.
there's dry-fried halves of mushrooms,
crisssspy coconut oil-fried tofu.
and then a heck of a lotta broth with veggies,
and some rice noods, too.
i have the recipe here.
sorry for the repeat, neighbors.
i'm trying to cure myself, y'know?
i didn't even have dinner last night.
that's real.
i hadn't slept not one wink the night before, so i was all ruined and exhausted.
i had a glass of water, a cuppa tea, and all the zzz's.
i dunno how much i slept, but i went down hard, and i stayed down.
i woke up drenched in sweat from some wild fever dreams, too.
mmhmmm.
my burning brain was certainly unlocking some weird anxieties,
and they were not welcome in my bed, buddy.
no way.
*
so,
tonight i'll for sure need some supper,
but i'm still not psyched about food yet.
maybe by the dark-times i'll have some idea.
if not, it's gonna be one heck of a hungry night all over again.
cake, perhaps?
that might fix somethin'.
yeah.
i could hang out with that;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: