Wednesday, January 23

MOON ME

i did three adorable moons on two adorable girls yesterday,
and wouldn't you know it?
not only was i in no condition to be at work,
but i apparently also forgot how to take a photograph while i was at it.
teleport:

...such a cute moon,
with the deepest surface scratch into pinterest times, and a little bit of drawing magic,
combines with a wiped-off stencil freehand activation!
word.
i got six bad pictures,
and just that one tolerable one, but only of one of 'em.
that's tough,
but we had a good time together, and i feel pretty effin' lucky that my clients
are as cool as they act when they're at AMPERSAND TATTOO.
seriously.
all the real ones know what's up,
and just watch me slowly decompose on the bone, with gloves on....
i mean,
nobody ever suggests a reschedule when they see me.
and i look rough these days.
no sleep and no rest and no moisture remaining in my body,
because all of it is pouring out of my nose while i breathe out of my dang mouth...
it's not sexxxy.
but that's 0% why anybody comes to see me, anyway.
personally, i think it's because the candle blend at the studio smells so good.
that's gotta be it.
-
the thing is- i'm pretty freakin' sick, and i need it to stop.
coughing makes tattoos take longer.
coughing makes days seem longer.
coughing makes my temples hurt like there are steel rods banging mountain bells,
and my skull is the bell, neighbors, obvi.
people get sick, and people be sick, and self-care is apparently some sort of important thing,
but empty pockets is never ever gonna be the thing that makes me feel better,
and sitting still has never been what's cured me.
i'm more of a bully-the-germs-into-behaving-type,
and while it takes just that much longer every year, it still works.
i'm guessing that today will be more of the same-
shivering alone at work in between tattoos, huddled up by the heater,
willing myself to be better at everything.
it's all really happening, like it or not, ready or not, this is it;
never quiet, never soft.....

No comments: